12th Triennial ISSS Conference Abstract Submission Guidelines
There are two poster presentation formats available:
(2) POSTER + 1-MINUTE PREVIEW (no slides)
With the Poster + 1-Minute Preview, you will present a traditional poster as well as introduce yourself and your work with a quick 1 minute preview talk during a conference session.Read more
Abstracts need to be submitted with the following formatting and specifications
Download Abstract Template here (Word file).
Please download and use this template file to prepare your Word file for submission.
• Written in English
• Font = Times New Roman
• Single line space
• 12 point type size
• 40 word limit
• All capital letters and bold
Author List and Affiliations:
• List authors and co-authors by last (family) name and first name initial(s) only, with numbered superscript affiliation
• Separate authors by commas
• Underline and bold name of presenter
• Affiliations, city, state or province, country in italics
• Include email address of presenter, formatted as shown in example below
- EXAMPLE FORMATTING:
Powell A.L.T.1, Blanco-Ulate B.2, Vincenti E.1, Lam-Chang K-L.1, Vicente A.3, Labavitch J.M.1
1Plant Sciences Department, 2Department of Viticulture and Enology, University of California, Davis, CA, USA; 3LIPA and CIDCA University of La Plata and CONICET, Argentina.
Contact: Ann Powell, firstname.lastname@example.org
• 350 word limit, excluding title, author list and affiliations
• Capitalize only the first letter of the first word and any proper nouns, (e.g., Effect of pesticides on recovery of Didymella bryoniae from cucurbit vines)
• Do not include figures, funding sources and references
Poster Formatting Information:
• Maximum poster size: 42 inches width, 42 inches height (106,7 cm width, 106,7 cm height)
• Recommended minimum font size = 20 pt
• The location of your poster will be noted on the poster boards with numbers corresponding to those listed in the program.
• Presenters are requested to remain with their posters during assigned poster session(s).
• Either plastic push pins (pins will be available at conference) or velcro can be used to hang posters on poster boards. Posters cannot be hung on or taped to poster room walls; Only posters officially accepted by conference program committee and listed in conference program may be displayed at conference.
Oral Presentation Information:
• Each talk will be followed by a question and answer period of pre-specified length (5 minutes for plenary talks; 2 minutes for concurrent session talks).
• Speakers must bring their presentations on a USB or portable drive in two file formats (1) PowerPoint and (2) PDF.
Once you have prepared abstract according to the above specifications and/or used provided abstract template, proceed to Abstract Submission online form: