12th Triennial Conference
THE INTERNATIONAL SOCIETY FOR SEED SCIENCE
Seeds as Systems
On behalf of the Organizing Committee for the 12th Triennial International Society for Seed Science (ISSS), we thank you for joining us at the 2017 meeting held in Monterey, CA USA on 10-14 September, 2017.
This meeting was held in the U.S. for the first time since 1989 and brought the top international seed scientists to interact with the U.S. and California seed industry.
What did you think about the conference?
Please complete our quick-and-easy online evaluation form to let us know!
Seed World’s Marc Zienkiewicz interviews seed scientists in attendance at ISSS 2017 conference
Audio and video interviews online @ http://seedworld.com/author/mzienkiewicz/
The International Society for Seed Science (ISSS) is a professional organisation of seed scientists, committed to fostering and promoting research, education and communication in the scientific understanding of seeds, in all aspects, pure and applied, from molecular biology to ecology.
The triennial ISSS conference aims to provide a forum for the exchange of information and ideas on seed science and the development of new scientific collaborations. It encompasses the latest research progress in key areas, including: seed development, dormancy, germination, stress tolerance, germplasm preservation, seed ecology, and seed biotechnology to improve seed quality.
ISSS 2017 meeting highlights:
- Conference held at the iconic Monterey Plaza Hotel, centrally located on beachfront property along Monterey Bay’s historic and vibrant Cannery Row
- Three full days of oral presentations, themed sessions of invited talks by domestic and international professionals from the public sector and industry to discuss the latest developments in seed science
- Invited speakers and contributed oral and poster sessions
- Evening Opening Reception
- Evening Gala Banquet
- SPECIAL SEED INDUSTRY EVENTS, Wednesday, Sept. 13: Arranged tours to sites of interest in the Salinas Valley region followed by a catered lunch, Trade Show and Career Fair, and Seed Central networking event and presentation or discussion panel, all in Salinas
Thank you for joining us at the 2017 meeting and we look forward to seeing you in 2020!
|Kent Bradford, UC Davis
|Susan DiTomaso, UC Davis
|Julie Tillman, UC Davis